Saturday 24 November 2007

Murder Mystery Blog: The Unexpected Guest

Murder Mystery



I recently went to see this Agatha Christie play at my local theatre. This is one of Agatha’s works that I have never previously come across – there aren’t very many of those!

So what did I think? Well, I came away from the theatre feeling vaguely disappointed – this play is not really typical Agatha and although it is clever and has a few twists, it really failed to hold my interest to the extent I was expecting and looking forward to. The friend I was with, also an Agatha Christie fan, was slightly more impressed than I was, so maybe I was just in an unreceptive mood.

The actual production was very good – the Agatha Christie Theatre Company – the staging and the acting all good quality (although I do have difficulty in disassociating former soap stars from their soap characters!)

Please don’t let me put you off going to see this production if you get the chance, as always the opinions I am expressing is purely personal. Oh, and it’s a long time since I have witnessed a better opening to a performance – the audience jumped out of it’s collective skin!

Click Here for information on the Agatha Christie Theatre Company productions, venues and tour dates.

Murder Mystery Blog: The Unexpected Guest

No comments: