Thursday 22 November 2007

Welcome To The Murder Mystery Blog

Murder Mystery



(Photo Credit: Eifion)

A very warm welcome to the Murder Mystery Blog. My name is Mary and one of my great passions in life is reading. I enjoy all sorts of literature and Dickens, the Brontes and particularly Jane Austen are among the esteemed names, which line my bookshelves, but I have a particular liking for murder mysteries.

Sherlock Holmes, Lord Peter Wimsey, Cadfael – all wonderful amateur detectives; and the professionals – Inspectors Alleyn, Wexford and Morse. Just a few of the many sleuths with whom I have beguiled away many an hour.

But when it comes to murder mystery, it is Dame Agatha Christie who to my mind stands head and shoulders above all the others. So much so that just over a year ago I began building a website dedicated to Agatha Christie.

I fully intend to continue building my personal tribute to the life and writing of Agatha Christie, however, through this blog I would also like to talk about the murder mystery genre in general as well as discussing my other favourite murder mystery authors, films, plays etc.

Contributions, comments and opinions from fellow murder mystery fans are always welcome.

All the very best

Mary

Welcome To The Murder Mystery Blog

No comments: